NewTek LightWave 3D® 2019 Makes it Faster and Easier for Artists to Create
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
22 January 2019
— New innovations in LightWave 3D 2019 deliver real-time collaboration, vastly improved interactivity, operational efficiencies and more —
SAN ANTONIO – January 22, 2019 — NewTek today announced the release of LightWave 3D® 2019, a new edition of the production-proven graphics and animation package that refines the artist’s workflow to make creation of complex, photo-real animation and imagery faster and more efficient. Leading the list of improvements are the revolutionary new integration tools with Unreal Engine for real time data transfer to the world’s leading game engine. The system performs automatic discovery to make the workflow entirely seamless.
“Game engines have become the predominant real-time rendering and visualization tools for 3D, far beyond their use in video game development,” said Dr. Andrew Cross, president and CTO for NewTek. “We recognize the importance of this trend, which offers so many advantages including the increase in productivity for 3D artists, vast savings of time and resources, and limitless new ways to create and visualize. Imagine everything from video games to virtual sets, animated TV series to feature film pre-vis, interactive architectural visualization and more all in real-time.”
Another major advance for the 3D artist is the new Metamorphic system, which brings multipurpose animatable mesh sculpting and painting to Layout. Fully multi-threaded for fast operation, Metamorphic includes a wide range of brush options and controls, multiple animation modes, nonlinear interpolation, motion blur support and much more.
LightWave 2019 includes additional enhancements for animators. Among these is a new ‘Limited Bones’ mode for the character animation system. This provides the ability to match the number of bones able to affect a given point to the game engine in use. The new mode also has real-time optimizations to more closely match the performance that game engines expect from a bone system. Modeler’s enhancements for game development include new UV and UDIM tools, as well as support for smoothing groups, which allow for fine-tuned control of the contouring of models.
- Improved FBX Interchange and added FBX attribute support
- Shading Model Customization Tools
- New Shape Primitives and Tools
- OpenVDB Creation
- Shading and Rendering Enhancements
- Edge Shader Node simulates beveled or rounded edges without geometry
- Patina Node adds wear and dirt to surfaces to give your world that lived-in look
- Procedural Shader Node wraps classic LightWave™ procedural textures for Node Editor
- NVIDIA OptiX™ Denoising for still images (requires NVIDIA graphics card)
- Despike can reduce or eliminate artifacts for a render that has “fireflies”
- Scientifically-accurate Physical Sky shader and SunLight light type.
- Workflow and UI:
- Display Scaling Options for high-resolution monitors and multiple monitor setups
- Expanded Layout Undo System
- Popup Menus now support mouse wheel, navigation keys, search and more
- Node Graph controls for grid size, snap to grid, grid brightness and color, Tidy Nodes
- Online Documentation adapts to the screen format of any device
- “Managed portal” licensing option for large facilities. Purchase by special arrangement.
Availability & Pricing
LightWave 3D 2019 for Windows and Mac OS is available now for USMSRP $995. Registered owners of any previous version of LightWave 3D can upgrade to LightWave 2019 for US$395, through March 31, 2019. International pricing may vary.
Educational pricing is also available. Visit www.lightwave3d.com/buy-lightwave/ to purchase or to locate an authorized LightWave reseller.
LightWave 3D combines a state-of-the-art renderer with powerful and intuitive modeling and animation tools. LightWave includes hundreds of cross-platform render nodes for near limitless rendering, support for Windows and Mac UB 64 operating systems, free technical support and more. From film and broadcast visual effects production, to motion graphics, design, architectural visualization, print, and game design, LightWave 2019 provides Award-Winning, Intuitive, Feature-Packed 3D Modeling, Animation, and Rendering Tools for Everyone. LightWave is enjoyed worldwide as a complete 3D production solution for feature film and television visual effects, broadcast design, print graphics, architectural visualization, game development, and more. LightWave is responsible for more artists winning Emmy® Awards than any other 3D application.
LightWave has been used in the creation of CG and visual effects for leading feature films and television shows, including “The Orville,” “The Walking Dead,” “Grey’s Anatomy”, “Maleficent,“ “NCIS: Los Angeles,“ “Muppets: Most Wanted,“ “Skyfall,” “The Hunger Games,” “The Amazing Spider-Man,” “The Adventures of Tintin,” “Avatar,” “Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome,” “Fringe,” “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” and more.
À propos de NDI
NDI is in use on millions of devices and allows multiple video systems to identify and communicate with one another over IP. NDI can encode, transmit and receive many streams of high quality, low latency, frame-accurate video and audio in real time. This benefits any network-connected video device, including video mixers, graphics systems, capture cards, and many other production devices. This makes it possible to exponentially increase the number of sources available for live production switching, without directly attaching to devices, changing locations, or investing in expensive, high-bandwidth networks that simply replace SDI-based workflows.
As the leader in IP video technology, NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications, to virtually any place people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses faster than ever before.
Clients include: New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and more than 80% of the U.S. Fortune 100.
- NDI, TriCaster, 3Play, TalkShow, Video Toaster, LightWave 3D, and Broadcast Minds are registered trademarks of NewTek, Inc.
- MediaDS, Connect Spark, LightWave, and ProTek are trademarks and/or service marks of NewTek, Inc.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.